"I want to be my own design" Clive Barker - Imajica

Friday, January 20, 2017

A quote a day for 2017 - Inauguration Day - XX

Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.

If the people cannot trust their government to do the job for which it exists - to protect them and to promote their common welfare - all else is lost.

There's not a liberal America and a conservative America - there's the United States of America.

Barack Obama 

Today is Inauguration Day. All I am saying about that is that I will greatly miss the Obama family and the style, grace, and respect that they brought to the White House over the last 8 years. I didn't agree with everything he did or said (I'd argue that it's impossible to have an elected official that you agree with 100% of the time) but he was the first president that I genuinely felt an sense of pride for. His sense of humor in light of all the pressures of his office, his obvious love for his family, his willingness to do what he felt was right even when it may not have been the best thing to do politically. Michele showed little girls everywhere that you can be smart, fierce, stunning, and badass. Again, not perfect, they are just people after all but I will miss them greatly. I will always appreciate what they did for their country. 

For real, thanks Obama. You will be missed in that office. 

No comments:

Post a Comment