"I want to be my own design" Clive Barker - Imajica

Monday, August 8, 2016

Pinup Girl Clothing review - Jenny Skirts and Peasant Blouses

Not long ago I fell in love with the peasant blouse on Pinup Girl Clothing, thanks to a pretty big variety (about 20 different colors/prints) and at least 5 of them being in colors or prints that I desperately had to have, I decided to take the plunge and buy one even though I rarely do separates. 

I decided to start with the red one in 3XL and I love the fit, the color, the everything about it. I could probably have sized down in the blouse but I like the fit on the 3XL because it gives me a little more room and I don't feel too constricted. Because these blouses have very little give and zip down in the back, it's important to measure yourself carefully but keep in mind that there is more room in the bust area just by the nature of the way the blouses are put together so there is some flexibility in the sizing for the top half.  

Once I fell in love with the blouse it became a mission for me to find a skirt that I liked to wear with it. I struggle with finding skirts that I am comfortable in and that I feel look right on me. Because of the way that I have fat above and below my natural waist line and the way that my back curves down, skirts have a habit of rising up in the back and I for one, don't like the high-low look no matter what, but especially when the back is shorter because of my ass. 

Enter the Jenny Skirt! With about 30 different colors/prints, I was really hopeful that this skirt would work for me. I loved the way it looked on the models (both large and small) but I was nervous about how it would actually fit. Especially since not long ago I purchased the Jenny dress and it just doesn't look quite right on me. 

I started with the black one because I figured that if it worked, it would go with some of the tops I already have and you can't really go wrong with a black skirt. As soon as I received it and tried it on, I knew I was going to have a problem. The problem is that now I want ALL of the Jenny skirts and peasant blouses! I love, love, love this skirt so very much. And it has pockets~ 
Top in a 3XL and skirt in 2XL 

 A week after getting my black skirt, I went ahead and ordered the Mary Blair Lips and Roses print which isn't something I normally go for but something about it was really appealing. I am so glad I got this print as it's super fun and pretty in person.

Top in a 3XL and skirt in 2XL  

I also HAD to have the peasant blouse in my all time favorite colors of pink and fuchsia and of course the Evan Dorkin Cthulhu print!


A couple of notes - I'm wearing this higher than my natural waist as skirts tend to sit better and look better sitting closer to my rib cage than  my belly button. Be sure to follow the size chart and measure your own waist very carefully. I would also recommend checking the size chart for each skirt you are thinking of buying as there can be some variances in size between patterns and colors. I suspect that it's largely because of the fact that all of these products are made in the US. 

I don't get paid for these reviews or get any free or discounted shit which is a bummer but you know, I have like 5 people who actually read my blog so it's not exactly a good business choice for them to give me free shit when there are other gals out there who have thousands of followers reading their reviews. I mostly write these for me and for my 5 readers who might be interested in this kind of thing :) 

And now I am enforcing a strict moratorium on buying any new products as I only have 24 days until DragonCon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment