"I want to be my own design" Clive Barker - Imajica

Sunday, March 29, 2015

Underthings, part 2

Brassieres have come a long way since Aunt Nellie was an adolescent and they bound her flat with a straight, tight bra which eventually broke down her muscles and, in her otherwise attractive forties,made her droopy. For young people brassiere not necessary except perhaps for active sports, unless support of abnormally heavy breasts is actually needed. For problem figures the various types of new brassieres may be carefully fitted with wire, but never pressing on the soft tissues. No woman need look droopy today, either in a dress or a bathing suite, or flat-chested either. Ready-made clothes fit better if the bust line is something like the ideal - even if this approach to perfection in considerably helped along by uplifts or falsies or both.

I love that she mentions that it is perfectly acceptable to wear falsies! But I can't help but wonder what she would think/say about some of the ridiculous looking breast enlargements that people have gotten.   I realize that I'm... blessed naturally and therefore cannot really understand the desire to have a surgery to change my breasts at all. 

I did have a doctor try to talk me into a reduction once to which I said "NO WAY!  These suckers get me drinks!" *laugh* 
Behold the power of a good brassiere! 

No comments:

Post a Comment