"I want to be my own design" Clive Barker - Imajica

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

"For we must all learn the socially acceptable ways of living with others in no matter what society we move."

So the BFF and I frequently have talks about manners, etiquette, courtesy and how it seems to be a disappearing art in the modern world. She even wrote a recent blog entry about her super awesome find of a 1937 version of Emily Post's Etiquette at an estate sale.

Flash forward to this evening and I noticed, sitting on my bookshelf my grandmothers copy of "Amy Vanderbilt's Complete Book of Etiquette"  from 1952.

Etiquette is important to me,learning how to be a better, more courteous person (plus the outdated entries are pretty darn amusing) so I decided I'm going to start posting regular excerpts with various etiquette tips.

I'm looking forward to learning new things, getting reminders of old tips and getting a chuckle at some of the outdated entries.


Thanks Ms. Vanderbilt!

No comments:

Post a Comment