"I want to be my own design" Clive Barker - Imajica

Sunday, February 9, 2014

I do not think that word means what you think it means - Part 2

This word gets thrown around so much that it's almost lost all meaning. It really aggravates me when people say "That was the worst day of my life" or "That was the worst thing that has ever happened to me" 

Really? The worst huh? I do not think that word means what you think it means. Bad day, ok I will give you that. Shitty day even, but worst day? Think about it right now, what is the actual worst day of your life so far? Was it they day your flight got delayed? The day you were late to work or dealt with random creeper at the club? If that was your worst day, then you've been pretty lucky so far... 


worst

  [wurst]  Show IPA
adjective superl. of bad and ill.
1.
bad or ill in the highest, greatest, or most extreme degree: the worst person.
2.
most faulty, unsatisfactory, or objectionable: the worst paper submitted.
3.
most unfavorable or injurious.
4.
in the poorest condition: the worst house on the block.
5.
most unpleasant, unattractive, or disagreeable: the worst personality I've ever known.



No comments:

Post a Comment