"I want to be my own design" Clive Barker - Imajica

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Celebrity Encounters

A funny thing happens at DragonCon....

A lot of the guests wander around the con and just hang out, at the bars, on the smoking patios, sometimes in costume as one of their favorite characters.Until I went to DragonCon I'd never really been in a social situation where I could potentially meet a performer that I admire (and/or have the hots for) and actually have a real conversation with them without having to pay them for their time.

*I've walked past Brent Spiner while leaving my hotel room, I looked over, waved and said "Hey how's it going?" cool as can be, to which he smiled and said "Hi, great how about you?" some other simple small talk was made and only when I was safely ensconced on the elevator did I go fan girl with my friend saying "OMG THAT WAS BRENT SPINER!"

*I was outside one of the hotels smoking a cigarette when I spotted Doc Hammer (who is really unfairly good looking) and I turned to my friend and said "oh Doc Hammer! I'd love to meet him but I dunno..." to which my friend replied with the best answer ever "PJ, it's YOU. Since when have you had a hard time talking to strangers" *laugh* I proceeded to approach him and ended up talking to him for about 20 minutes. Turned out he was staying in the same hotel and on the same floor as we were and every time I ran into him for the rest of the convention he always said hi and chatted with me. He is also the ONLY one I've ever gotten a picture with and of course I'm all fan girl in the photo although I swear I wasn't that fawning when we were talking. At least I like to think I wasn't...

yup, total fan girl. Also it's nice to be in a photo with someone who makes me look so tan by comparison!
And this past years encounter has been my favorite so far and anyone who actually reads this blog has probably already heard it more than once but whatever this is my blog and I do what I want.

*Picture it, Atlanta 5 AM outside the Hilton Hotel. EVERYONE has been, or is, currently drinking. I'm smoking a cigarette when I spot a girl I had met a day earlier. Not even thinking about it I stroll over and introduce myself to the two guys she was with, Chris and Dominic. Christopher Judge from SG-1 and Dominic Keating from Enterprise. I stood around chatting with them for a good hour. Hilarity was had. Dominic "tested a theory" and stuck his wine glass between my boobs to see if would stay unassisted. It did. I made him stuttery and blushy when I half jokingly asked him what floor he was on. Those Brits are so adorable. And my favorite moment? When they were all leaving to go into the hotel I ran up behind giant Christopher Judge, smacked him on the ass and said "go get you some!" he turned, raised an eyebrow at me and laughed.

Good times, good times.

The moral of the story I guess is that sometimes it really can pay off to not be scared to talk to strangers and even I can be surprised by my ability to keep my cool around people that I want to fawn over.

PS- I did pay to get my photo with Jason Momoa, cause Jason Momoa. While I didn't totally fan girl out when I shook his hand, he looked me in the eyes and said "You're very pretty" I kicked my feet like a little kid and said "You're very pretty too" hahahah

Several friends commented on my look of self restraint in the photo. I admit I was sorely tempted to grab his fine ass. But I didn't. Alas

No comments:

Post a Comment