"I want to be my own design" Clive Barker - Imajica

Friday, January 31, 2014

Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups

Seriously, it is. I've been working on some projects both personally and professionally lately and I have found that I have made some assumptions about other people. Their knowledge levels, their skill levels, even their common sense and ability to think critically.

Thing is, it's not their fault if I make assumptions about stuff. It's not their fault if they don't know what I talking about, what I want to do, where I want to go unless I communicate it to them clearly and concisely. I can't get mad at them for not understanding something if I haven't taken the time to explain it to them.

So many people make so many assumptions and then get all hurt when things don't play out the way they want it to. Communicate better. Say what you mean, mean what you say and never assume that someone knows what you want or how to do something. k

No comments:

Post a Comment