"I want to be my own design" Clive Barker - Imajica

Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Year of the Sparrow

I had a damned good year this year (see previous post) but next year will be better. Because it can always be better right? It won't be handed to me and it will require effort on my part but all good things come from those who work their ass off for it. Or something like that.

I am sure there will be more, this is just the beginning of my list.

*Get a passport, I think I've been putting it off because I have not had any real plans to leave the country but I can't leave the country until I get a passport so first things first

*Go to DragonCon, this is going to be our (Mr. S and I) yearly excursion so this will be on my goal list every year. I love Dcon so much, there just isn't anything quite like it. Go Team Denver and all that

*Pay off my car, I have 10 payments left so this will definitely happen this year but my goal is to pay it off early because yay for being done with the shower of cunts that is Wells Fargo Dealer Services.

*Work on improving processes and procedures for my team at work, I've been working on these for awhile but one of the things my boss mentioned is that he wants me to be more creative and innovative. This I can do.

*Work with my minions to help them be more successful at our company, the better they do, the better I do after all

*Spend some time exercising, some time is better than no time. Even if I just go for a 10 minute walk every date it will be more than I am doing now. I still park farther out at stores, I try to always take the stairs when possible but I need to do more. I'm getting too old to be this lazy

*Get serious about cooking at home, do grown up shit like menu planning and grocery shopping, I used to be so good about it I know I can do it again. I have spent far too much this year on eating out and it's got to stop. It's cool to spend money on eating out when it's good food but if I am spending my grocery money on fast food, well that's unacceptable.

*Take better care of our little yard, try my hand at gardening and making stuff live instead of die. The lawn isn't really the problem, its the plants. I can do this, I has the internets.

I hate the word resolution. I prefer the word goal. Resolutions are meant to be broken, goals are meant to be reached for and accomplished.


1 comment:

  1. Add: Get with the Maestro about how to clean up your credit report. It will take weeks/months of diligence, but it works.

    ReplyDelete