"I want to be my own design" Clive Barker - Imajica

Friday, July 5, 2013

Hearsay

hear·say

  [heer-sey]  Show IPA
noun
1.
unverified, unofficial information gained or acquired from another and not part of one's direct knowledge: I pay no attention to hearsay.
2.
an item of idle or unverified information or gossip; rumor: a malicious hearsay.



Last couple of weeks/months I've seen and heard  a lot of "I'm mad at you because I heard you said X" or "so and so told me that you were talking shit about me" or some variation thereof. I don't get it. If you are friends, really friends, wouldn't you want to talk to your friend to find out what is actually going on or what was said? And maybe not publicly air your dirty laundry? I know that when I see this shit posted on the social networks, all I can think is "um this is soooo not my business" but there it is, for the world to see. 

I myself have had this happen to me. Someone cut me out of their life without saying anything to me whatsoever and as I didn't see this person regularly I did not really have a chance to ask them what the hell happened. When I did finally run into them and I asked what happened they told me that they heard I had talked a bunch of shit about them and instead of confronting me and asking me about it they decided to cut me out and move on. 

I was actually a little bit glad they cut me loose as anyone who would take the word of someone outside of the relationship without even once checking with me about what was actually said, is not someone I want in my life.

 I don't have time in my life for those kinds of people. 

Do you? 



P.S. Thanks to the social networks by the way for letting me be privy to so many people's private conversations/issues, thanks for making so many people feel like it's okay to air your dirty laundry and private grievances. I just want random ephemera and cat pictures darnit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment