"I want to be my own design" Clive Barker - Imajica

Monday, June 24, 2013

Even Social Instigators Need a Recharge

I spent all of yesterday avoiding any unnecessary human contact and basically being as lazy as possible and it was GLORIOUS.

This morning I realized part of why I felt so disconnected and out of it on Sunday. I had spent 11 days with my BFF on the road in a car, sharing hotel rooms with little to no alone time, but oh dood was that trip fun, but more about that on a different day.

I went back to work the day right after I got home from the road trip and proceeded to be super busy at work what with catching up and staff meetings and meeting with the CEO and all sorts of hi-jinks.

By the time the weekend rolled around I was already tired and more than a little of out of sorts but I had things to do! I went to a friends housewarming party and club and had a wonderful time and it was great to socialize and meet new people and hang with my friends but it just exacerbated my feelings of disconnection, of anxiety and grumpiness.

I realized on Sunday that I usually need at least 1 day every week or two with very little to no social interactions. This helps keep me the Social Instigator and keeps me from being The Heinous Bitch. Resetting the social clock, giving myself time to breathe and relax.

These are the things I need.

Lesson learned, not soon to be forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment