"I want to be my own design" Clive Barker - Imajica

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Did I do that? Or not do that, as the case may be


I had a pure moment of stereotypical uninformed ‘Merican behavior today. All of a sudden my paycheck was less than what I was used to and I didn't know why, thankfully when I sat down and redid my budget I realized it's not the end of the world, I just need to adjust somethings, totally manageable thank goodness.

I didn't know about it because I don’t read the news, I don’t watch TV and I don’t really listen to the radio much anymore either.

WOW

When did I become this out of touch? I will admit I have never been super on top of what was going on in the world around me but I usually at least had some concept of what was going on. It was like BAM! All of sudden I realized I've had blinders on without even realizing they were there.

Well from now on I am making it a goal to get back in touch. To inform myself. I am not super happy right now that I let myself get this out of touch but it’s nothing some research and some following news sources won’t fix.

Where do you get your news from? 

2 comments:

  1. The BBC mostly. But I am an info junkie, so everywhere except Fox News.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BBC is the best, most well-rounded news source. Well, except when they're pattering on and on and on about the royal pregnancy. *laugh*

    Also, NPR in the car. But you knew that.

    ReplyDelete