"I want to be my own design" Clive Barker - Imajica

Thursday, November 1, 2012

icky


I will let you in on a little secret –
 You know how when people tell me I look pretty  and I say “of course I do”? 
Well I don’t always buy it or rather, I don’t always feel it on a daily basis. It is totally normal for all of us to have days where we don’t feel attractive or we feel down about ourselves. It happens. But I have been having a week or so of it and it’s getting old. 

I even tried getting all dressed up and making myself pretty which usually works but no, still not feeling it.

Thing is, I don’t honestly think I am ugly or gross or any of these things but I*feel* like it right now. I just feel icky and I’m not sure what to do to make myself feel better as usually this feeling doesn’t linger for quite so long.

So here is my question to you – When you are feeling down about yourself what do you do to make yourself feel better? 

1 comment:

  1. Taking a walk. Forced socializing (last night is a good example). Writing. Research into subjects that interest me. Reading. Going to the gym. Working up the courage to tell that man o'mine to pay better attention, because I'm feeling low. Stand-up comedy. Driving with no destination in mind. Stretching. Music, even the stuff that makes me cry. Realizing I have three FB friends who are fighting cancer right now and thinking, "Get over yourself, Diva - this cold be SO much worse!" Road trip of at least 2 hours and one night spent elsewhere. Cleaning and/or organizing around the house. Did I mention exercise? Because getting the blood flow going to the brain usually clears out the cobwebs.

    When all that fails - and it has, at times - I go the chemical route. It's amazing what one little ephedra can do to for psyche.

    ReplyDelete