"I want to be my own design" Clive Barker - Imajica

Sunday, September 16, 2012

the thought counts, more than you will ever know

They say it's the thought that counts
and I'd have to agree
having someone think of you
paying you simple courtesies
saying thank you
showing their appreciation for you in the smallest ways
The littlest of things can mean so much to people
All it takes is a second
a thought
and you can make someones day

I was talking with a friend the other night who told me how much it meant to them that I bought them a drink on their birthday, such a simple act and yet it meant a lot to him.

Little things
Simple things
It doesn't take a lot to make someones day
It doesn't take a lot of effort to make someone happy

Cheap trinkets that remind you of someone
A thank you
A genuine compliment
Random notes with love yous on them
A kiss when they think you are sleeping
Asking if you need anything when they are going somewhere

Little things
Simple things
Make the effort
Spend the time
Make others happy




1 comment:

  1. excellent points we forget so easily in our more material goods the better society.

    ReplyDelete