"I want to be my own design" Clive Barker - Imajica

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Dcon wrap up 2012

another year down, another set of memories made, another set of stories that I'll never tell but here are some highlights

*Seeing John Rhys Davies wearing a 3 piece suit in Hotlanta, being somber and yet playful as only he can, chatting up some kids waiting in line

*walking past James Callis on the Skywalk and not realizing it was him until he was past me

*having a total stranger with the longest legs and nicest ass ever tell me I'm stunning

*getting to use the line "come here young Padawan" in the most hilariously inappropriate circumstances ever

*trying to teach a puppy how to play with the big dogs

*Seeing C&J

*meeting all sorts of wonderful new acquaintances

*Archer panel, Amber Nash and Lucky Yates are just as hilarious in the meat space as they are on the TV

*walking back to the room with Mr. S after a long night of hanging out with friends and general hi-jinks, and having the gaggle of stereotypical gamer guys stop and comment "see that magic that is happening behind us? That isn't happening to us, and that's why our con sucks"

*standing there gawking at how pretty Ian Somerhalder is and then remembering that episode of SVU he is was in...

*wonderful food and fellowship at Alma Cocina

*balcony cigarette breaks where truths were told and secrets kept

*seeing not one but TWO guys dressed as Rimmer from Red Dwarf! And having one of them state prior to photo taking "wait, let me look smug for this"

*getting Grant Imahara's autograph AND a picture of him with a guy dressed as Geoff Peterson. He is Geoff's daddy after all!

*realizing that the friends I have chosen to surround myself with are some of the most amazing people I've ever known and trying to come with terms that they actually see the person not the potential and they still chose to be around me. (I'm trying Ringo, I'm trying)

*being a helpful helper

*getting my picture taken with Jason Momoa and having him tell me I'm pretty. JASON MOMOA Y'ALL

GO TEAM DENVER!
see you next year

No comments:

Post a Comment