"I want to be my own design" Clive Barker - Imajica

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

"Up, up, up the ziggurat lickety-split!"

I was at  my last job for 5 years. Five looooooong years and now I have a new job and I all of a sudden realized just how much, liking your job and the company you work for makes a difference in your day to day life.

I feel like this new job has a lot of potential and that I might actually be able to get the little things like raises and promotions. Oh and affordable health insurance.

I found out recently that they are going to keep me as a permanent employee and that means I get a raise. The first raise I've had in 4 years!

But I have found out what is more important to me. I love this job. I like a lot of the people I work with. I like the office I work in. I actually don't mind going to work, matter of fact I look forward to it. The work day flies by and I frequently find myself thinking how nice it would be to be able to work MORE hours just to be able to get more work done. Not even thinking about if I'd make more money for working more hours. I simply want to do the work. It's been way too long since I've been this satisfied in a job.

Yay me!

2 comments:

  1. YAY!

    Just wait until your mid-life crisis where you realize all you really care about is eking out an existence just so you can feel passionate about what you do.

    However, based on the sounds of things, perhaps you're already there! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So i knew you were enjoying your job but not this much! Yay so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete