"I want to be my own design" Clive Barker - Imajica

Thursday, March 29, 2012

I just don't get it.

There is something I have never been able to understand no matter how hard I try.

It's hate.

Well specifically, unjustified hate, like hating groups of people because they are different than you. Religion or lack thereof, sexual orientation or skin color... I've never been able to understand it. Like, at all.

I consider myself a fairly intelligent person but I can't fathom hating people that you don't even know. Are there people in the world that I hate? Yes, but only a handful and all of them have earned my loathing through their own special brand of jackassery.

I've thought about this a LOT. I've watched documentaries and read books about the Stonewall riots, about genocides, about pogroms and I just don't get it. People are just... people. We are all different and that is precisely what makes the world an interesting place to live in. Don't force your beliefs on me and I won't force mine on you. Let's talk about our differences, not fight. Let's embrace the fact that we are different from each other and be glad that our little world allows for such incredible variety and beauty. Life is too short to hate for no reason. Hate serves no fucking purpose in my opinion.

I'd ask if you could explain it to me but I don't think it'll ever be possible for me to understand it.


No comments:

Post a Comment