"I want to be my own design" Clive Barker - Imajica

Monday, January 2, 2012

a new year doesn't actually mean all that much to me

I've never been one to place a lot of importance on the New Year holiday. It's just another day that someone somewhere in the past decided was important. I've never really understood why people make such a big deal out of it and get all upset if they don't do something that they consider wonderful or fulfilling on that day.

That said, that doesn't mean I don't like to celebrate it. Spending times with loved ones and friends and getting dressed up is always fun. Of course that's Saturday night for me most of the time. This New year was no exception. It was standard Saturday night fare at Ye Olde Goth Club. Saw people I like, saw people I don't like. Talked to a lot of people, lots of hugs and smiles and chatting and laughter. It was fun but not particularly special but it doesn't need to be special. It is what it is.

New Years Eve is just another day people, so quit worrying about making it something special and just enjoy what you have.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you were feeling better for NYE. Glad to hear you didn't have the crud.

    ReplyDelete