"I want to be my own design" Clive Barker - Imajica

Friday, January 20, 2012

"It burns! It burns us!"

So last night I took a shower and put on the Bath and Body works scented lotion my mom had given me, much as I have several times before. Approximately 3 hours later I woke up in hot, itchy hell. My legs and forearms were a gleaming beet red and covered in a burning, itchy rash.

WHAT THE HELL BODY?

The first time in days that I finally fall asleep and am sleeping well only to be awoken by the random allergic reaction from hell. An hour and a half and 4 different variations of anti-itch cream later I finally went back to sleep. Probably one of the more annoying ways to wake up and now I can't use the deliciously scented Sandalwood and Rose lotion on anything but my hands.

Stupid body and it's stupid deciding randomly that it doesn't like something.

1 comment:

  1. Your body chemistry changes about every 5-7 years and gets more.....adamant, I guess is a good word, as you age.

    I did not know this until I talked to my OB/GYN about my change in tastes to all things spicy (after a lifetime of preferring blandness in food) and a sudden sensitivity to certain ingredients in lotion and sunscreen.

    And, after years of washing my hair every other day, my system has now decided I must wash every day or my head looks like a wet schnauzer.

    Yes, that IS code. *giggle*

    ReplyDelete