"I want to be my own design" Clive Barker - Imajica

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Golden Globes 2012

better late than never.... 



Emma Stone

This look has been pretty highly praised in the media and I for one, totally agree. The hair, the glorious smoky eyes and the color of her dress totally make this look for me. I also love the blinged out eagle belt, makes an otherwise safe outfit a little weird and more awesome. 


Shailene Woodley

The dress itself is lovely but it doesn’t seem to fit right, to me it looks like it rides entirely too low on her. Maybe it was fitted for someone with a shorter torso? But her hair and makeup look very pretty and fresh. I’m not entirely sold on this one. 


Sofia Vergara

Always lovely, I absolutely love how she always shows off her curves but I have to wonder if she is going to be the Beyonce of television. And by that I mean, always wearing variations of the exact same dress, girl show your curves but don’t be afraid to experiment with different styles!


Rooney Mara

Meh. A big ole meh. Love the dark hair with the pale skin but the hair style itself leaves a lot to be desired. The dress is pretty enough but she looks so terribly uncomfortable with everything that she doesn’t quite pull it off. Maybe if she had a little more of Lisbeth Salander's attitude she’d rock it but meh. 

Nicole Kidman

Funny because it seems like the press at large gives her a pass for always matching her dress to either her skin or her hair but I’m freaking bored with her. The dresses always fit well but I just think BLAH. Plus what is with the gold bedazzled stuff on it? Oh, it’s a Versace. That makes sense now. 

Reese Witherspoon

A lot people seem to love this look but I hate it. The front of the dress makes her boobs look oddly squished and her hair drives me nuts. I’ve always thought that groomed hair is better on the red carpet then looking like you just rolled out of bed. The color is stunning on her though. 



Jessica Alba

People seem torn on this dress, I personally love it. Shit, I’d probably wear it, although in a different color because this lilac shade wouldn’t work on me nearly the way it works with her coloring. I love the ribbon details on the side and love the dangly earrings and gigantic, expensive diamond cuff bracelet. She’s just got the prettiest smile. 


Zooey Deschanel

I’ll admit it, I used to like Zooey. I used to think she was a pretty little thing and I didn’t mind her quirkiness. Now, not so much, I blame oversaturation. She’s freaking everywhere now! And frankly, this outfit is TERRIBLE. It’s totally unflattering and the weird green panel just makes things worse. Her makeup is pretty but the hair is a bit too poufy in a weird way for me. I know she’s the current “it” girl but I took some antibiotics and I got better.




Evan Rachel Wood

Probably one of my favorite looks of the night. Maybe it’s because she speaks to the Goth in me but damn I love this girl. I don’t even know if I have ever seen a minute of her acting but I love her style. This feathery halter dress is gorgeous and I just want to touch it and the color is divine against her skin. Love!

end of Part the first... 





No comments:

Post a Comment