"I want to be my own design" Clive Barker - Imajica

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Tis the season for greediness

In the days after the Christmas holiday I saw a lot of people reposting several different articles about these terrible people bitching about what they didn't get for Christmas.
http://jezebel.com/5871249/wahhhh-these-horrible-people-didnt-get-what-they-wanted-for-christmas
http://gizmodo.com/5871111/wahhhh-these-horrible-people-didnt-get-what-they-wanted-for-christmas
 Just two examples of the articles that were posted and reposted liberally over the last couple of days. If you do a google search for horrible people didn't get what they wanted for Christmas you come up with over 300,000 results.

Okay, it's true these people suck and are entitled assholes but here is what is bugging me. What about all the people talking about the things they DID get for Christmas? How is that any better than bitching about what you didn't get?

Maybe it's because my family and I didn't really do gifts this year, maybe it's because I couldn't afford to buy anything for any of my loved ones and instead chose to focus on the time I got to spend with my loved ones rather than the money I spent or the money they spent.

It seems just as distasteful to harp on about what you got as it is to complain about what you didn't get. Is it really that important to you? Why does it matter so much what people give you and what you give people?


I just don't get it and I don't think I ever will. 


1 comment:

  1. Honestly, I've mostly learned to tune all of it out mostly because I know it'll piss me off. I think the holidays bring out the absolute best and worst of a lot of people...people who normally seem pretty grown up show that they kinda aren't.

    ReplyDelete