"I want to be my own design" Clive Barker - Imajica

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Dear fellow Coloradans - It is just snow

I live in Denver, it is Decemeber and there is snow on the ground.

Quelle Surprise right?

What I find funny is just how many people have been going OHMYGODSNOW and are planning on staying in all day and night because there is a couple of inches of snow on the ground. Um really?

 if i stayed in every time it snowed in CO then I would rarely go anywhere in the winter time. yes there is definitely a time to stay home and not go out in inclement weather but it seems to me that lately we here in CO have become spoiled with the incredibly nice weather and lack of snow and now don't know how to react to it when it does actually snow. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with just deciding to stay in the whole day and relax, that is what I did for the last two weekends for the most part and it was freaking awesome.

Anywho, the other day it snowed just a couple of inches and people were freaking out. It took me an hour and a half to make what is normally a 25 minute drive. People driving 5 miles an hour or driving like total assholes. Irritating as hell. it's not that I am unsympathetic to people who get nervous driving in snow and ice. I get nervous too. But seriously. Maybe it's because I am such a cantankerous bitch but I just want to yell at people and tell them to get the fuck over it.

So yeah, I am going to lunch today with friends, then to the store and I am going to Ye Olde Goth Club tonight. And it's going to be fun and it's going to take me longer to get there than normal but that's okay.

It's Colorado, it's winter. Snow happens.

1 comment:

  1. I have to be at the airport at 6am tomorrow morning. Not gonna whine and you know why? *I* booked the tickets. *I* know what it's like to travel out of Denver in December. *I* knew there was a possibility of horrendous weather.

    Suck it up, Colorado.

    ReplyDelete