"I want to be my own design" Clive Barker - Imajica

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

To Life Eternal


So Mr. S and I joined a gym this week. It was all his idea because god knows I abhor exercise. Like with a flaming, firey passion.


And yet, he has this damned notion in his head about me being healthy and living a long time. *grumble* I suspect it's just because I am a good cook and I keep a tidy house. And god knows what would happen if he was left to his own devices *laugh* Also I have written several times about how I would like to lose more weight and I know for a fact that exercise and eating healthier will make this happen. So yeah, I’m committed now. Much as I am loathe to do it.

So last night we went for our complimentary visit with one of their personal trainers. He showed us some exercises that had our hearts pounding and our legs feeling like jelly in a surprisingly short period of time. Unfortunately Mr. S wasn’t hydrated or fed enough to be able to do the entire session as all of a sudden he turned green and had to stop. He was fine once he ate some more food and drank a lot of water so we are going back tomorrow evening to complete our session with the trainer who very kindly offered another session since we couldn’t complete the first one. Can’t say I’m looking forward to it though, I liked the trainer he seems like a nice enough guy but owwie.  

We are planning on going 3 to 4 nights a week, usually after I pick him up from class so we will already be out of the house and there will be less temptation to skip it. It’s going to be a struggle for both of us to go on a regular basis but thankfully we will be going together and help keep each other motivated.

Hey if I have to live a long damned life, then so does he. Dammit. 

1 comment:

  1. It only takes 21 days to form a habit, but I have to admit, it took me a couple of years to get on the going-at-least-three-days-per-week bandwagon. I could manage one or two, then "Meh."

    Little did I know it was that third day that would give me more energy and motivation to do the next and the next.

    If you need a little "oomph" to get going, let me know. I'm a great coach..... if you like to be nagged. *laugh*

    ReplyDelete