1. I got my car back finally! And it is legal to drive even! And I've been driving it! (can you tell I am excited about it?) I still have a lot of work to do to pay back all the people who have helped me out in getting my car back but at least feel like I've accomplished something now that I have physical evidence of all the work and time and effort and tears...
2. Mr. S and I only made it to the gym twice last week which isn't quite our goal. We discussed it and decided that we are going to plan on going Mon, Weds, Fri and Sunday of this coming week. Provided band practice doesn't conflict. After all they have a big show coming up on the 28th of this month and that takes priority. Luckily I can go while he is practicing if they decide to do it after class and if they practice before class then all the better for both of us.
3. A friend of mine bought me a ticket to see Portishead on the 27th of this month. I am incredibly excited about this show. I have loved Portishead ever since I heard this song the first time
I was watching Tank Girl with Lori Petty and a dark haired Naomi Watts when this song came on and I was immediately transfixed. I went to Independent Records and got the soundtrack and then I ended up going on a Portishead binge. I bought everything I could including singles and live discs. The Live at Roseland disc is still one of my favorites. So yeah, you could say I am looking forward to this.
4. Did I mention I can drive my car now?
5. Every month I go to a once monthly club night called Deathwish. Some friends of mine and I were joking about having people dress up as me instead of the vampires and werewolves theme. There ended up being 2 people actually dressed like me and one dressed like the "good" version of me (because we all know I'm the evil one *laugh*) here are a couple of photos from that night. It was a good time and it was definitely entertaining to see one of my friends dressed like me when it is so polar opposite of how they normally look...
6. Other than going to Deathwish I haven't really left the house at all this weekend and it's been glorious. I've slept a lot, done laundry, cleaned up a bit, worked on my cross stitch, watched way too many John Carpenter movies and almost made it through the first season of Dollhouse (jury is still out on that show but damn there are a lot of pretty people on that show) I needed a nice, quiet relaxing weekend with very little human interaction. Seriously, it was exactly what I needed especially with the craziness coming up on Halloween weekend.
7. Speaking of Halloween weekend, it is going to be insane and fun and exhausting. Thursday is Portishead, Friday is Mr. S's show at the Rockaway Tavern, Saturday is cocktails and clubbing with friends. Sunday will be for recuperation so I don't feel like death when I go to work on Monday morning. It's going to be fun and I can't wait. Now what to wear?
8. I GOT MY CAR BACK.
That is all. For now.