"I want to be my own design" Clive Barker - Imajica

Monday, August 22, 2011

Long overdue update on the car situation, for those who are wondering.

So the last update was on 07/08/11 and let me tell you things went downhill for a while after that post.

I had managed to pull together the money that we had estimated would be enough based on some research Uncle Shitty had done on places that have affordable replacement engines. I knew how much the car tow and the hoist were going to cost and I factored all that into the total I was striving for. Well, in the time it took me to come up with that money, all the places he had seen those great prices at didn't have anything for those great prices anymore. Everything was at least $300 more than I had managed to raise/scrounge/borrow.

FUCK.

Back to the drawing board. After I was done crying that is. I was so incredibly discouraged, I cried off and on for 2 days wondering how on earth I was ever going to manage to come with more money. I couldn't scrape anything else out of my bills, I didn't know what to do. There was about a week period when I honestly felt like just giving the fuck up. I mean seriously, what the hell was I going to do?

And again, my friends and family came to the rescue. They offered me more work to do and in one case hired me for 6 months worth of housecleaning and paid me in advance so that I could have the money in my savings account for the purchase of a new engine. My Aunt loaned me some money and my mom even managed to scrounge up some more money to loan me. Some very, very dear friends of mine have loaned me a vehicle that I can use to get to jobs and whatnot. I don't think I can ever express how truly grateful I am for that. Without the ability to get around on my own I'd have totally lost it by now. And having to constantly ask someone to use their car makes me feel just as shitty. My co-worker drives me to and from work every day so at least I have the temporary transportation situation taken care of.

Every time I have received an offer of work I have accepted (even when all I really want to do is stay home and mope or be hungover or whatever the case may be) so that I can get my car fixed as soon as possible. So between working my ass off, trying desperately to save everything that doesn't absolutely have to go to bills or food and the love and support of my family and friends I now have what I hope will be enough in the bank to get this taken care of. I am still accepting offers for work though. I will have loans to pay off even if what is in the bank is enough to take care of the situation. And I HATE borrowing money. I just didn't know what else to do. I am hoping it will be enough.

Hopefully I will have some good news this week.

I really, really miss my car.


2 comments:

  1. You. Kick. ASS.

    And I think I underpaid you yesterday, BTW. Stupid hangover, making me stupid. *ick*

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Diva said.

    BTW, kitchen was returned as close to Peej state prior to my arrival home.

    ReplyDelete