"I want to be my own design" Clive Barker - Imajica

Friday, July 29, 2011

Step 1

For me at least the first step in getting back on track with my eating habits is writing. Writing down every single thing that I eat and drink. EVERYTHING. It helps me to be more aware of not only what I am eating and drinking but how much I am eating and drinking. By tracking my water intake I know if I am actually getting the 90-100 oz that my doctor recommended for me. By tracking my eating habits I can see just how much random snacking I end up doing.

Writing my food and drinking habits down was my first real goal when I originally started to try and lose weight back in 2008. It made quite the impact to see just what I was eating and to take a good hard look at how much I was eating. When I first started writing it all out I have to admit that I was pretty disgusted with myself. I mean I knew I was eating too much I just don't think I KNEW it, if you know what I mean.

I never, ever make my goals about losing weight. My goals are always about writing things down, eating better, doing more with my time, stuff like that. I am firmly convinced that if I make a goal to lose weight, I am setting myself up for failure. I am also convinced that if I tell myself that I CANNOT have certain things that it will increase my cravings for said things and again I set myself up for failure.

So for the last week I have been writing down everything I eat and drink. The next step for me will be to start portioning everything out and actually measuring what I eat and tracking that.

One step at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment