"I want to be my own design" Clive Barker - Imajica

Monday, June 20, 2011

30 Helen's agree that you should properly maintain your vehicle

Because if you don't you are totally fucked.

So yeah, on my way to the club from the 1940's ball in Boulder my car broke down on the side of Hwy 36. SUCK. Thank god for Uncle Shitty who was the first person I called after I called Mr. S to let him know what was going on. I felt bad about calling Uncle Shitty since he, Mr. S and the Gingers had just returned to Colorado after playing a show in Austin on Thursday but I really didn't know who else to call. He got there about midnight or so and proceeded to check pretty much everything he could on the side of the road. Two hours later and about 10 different possibilities marked off we ended up just calling a tow truck. Uncle Shitty is fairly certain that the engine needs to be replaced.

And I myself am certain that this was caused due to my own improper maintenance on the vehicle. So yes dear readers this is entirely my fuck up and here I am with a broken car and needing to find a way to come up with about $700 to get it fixed. Two of my loathed things to do are asking for help and borrowing money and it looks like I will have to do both now. I don’t really know what else to do. My credit is terrible so a short term bank loan is most likely out of the question but I am going to double check with my bank just in case. I would much rather do work for my friends to earn some money rather than borrow anything so you know… if you have anything, keep me in mind.

So yeah, the point is that I am sure the reason my car is broken is because I didn’t take care of it properly. I am dreading any lectures from friends about how important it is to take care of your car. I know it’s important. Trust me, I don’t need the lecture, I have the proof of it in front of me. And you can bet your ass that from now on, I will be on top of car maintenance just like I am on top everything else.

I’m sorry grandpa, I totally let you down.

No comments:

Post a Comment