"I want to be my own design" Clive Barker - Imajica

Sunday, May 8, 2011

You can't go home again and that's okay

So I went to the Onyx reunion Friday night and it was a lot of fun. Surreal, strange and occasionally uncomfortable but a lot of fun. I saw people I hadn't seen in years. Some of whom seemed to remember me quite clearly even if I don't remember them ever speaking to me before that night. I even had at least two people who started chatting with me rather fondly and I still don't remember ever meeting them before Friday night. It was great fun though.

The only real negative thing I have to say is about the staff at Benders. They definitely leave something to be desired though. Unfriendly and downright rude according to some of my friends and the drinks were weak and overpriced. Maybe I was spoiled by how awesome the staff used to be at Onyx. I know I am spoiled by the fantastic staff at Milk Bar. Between Doug, Suz, Meg, Franc, Graham, Seth and Hayley it's been a long time since I have actually felt like the entire staff is truly friendly. And then there are the DJ's at Milk bar, Roland and Mike Rich are two of the nicest guys I know. I am truly blessed to have a bar that I really like going to that is staffed by some of the most awesome people ever.

All told I had a fantastic time and I am so glad I went.

Grimberly!

Beeto wearing his traditional Onyx gear.

Amy and I

Morgan showing off her new hairs.

Bryner and Beertruck, those boys make me laugh. A lot.

Owen!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment