"I want to be my own design" Clive Barker - Imajica

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Brigadoon has come and gone never to be seen again

Well okay, not for another 5 years at least.

So my dear friend the Zen Archer held her pent-annual (I don't even know if that's a real word or not) birthday shenanigans this past weekend. Starting Thursday and ending on Sunday when she and several friends left to continue the party in Vegas. Girl knows how to have a birthday. It's now Wednesday and I finally feel recovered from all the socializing and booze.

Anywho, I got to meet some amazing people (hi Marquie and Chad! totally coming to visit regardless of Mr. S and his pesky thinking we will need bail money. PSHAW I say) and I got to spend some time hanging with Miss St Cynical and the Jessica from the land of Chicago. There were many others that I met whose names escape me. It was a phenomenal weekend.

And I totally got to wear my dress that Mr. S bought me! FINALLY!

I didn't take any pictures at the party, I was too busy running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to make sure everything went smoothly but thankfully the Moon Maiden took a few shots and CJ the Rockstar took photos (that I will hopefully get to see soon) and the ever incredible Adam from Studio Apocalypse worked his usual magic and truly captured the spirit of the night. Once I have access to more pictures I will post some of them but if you would like to check out the photos he got of Mr. S his band Synapse performing you can find them on his website here - http://studioapocalypse.smugmug.com/Events/C/20110514/17076622_WwTMCv#1293523534_pzv7tTN

DJ Ritual and I at the party picture courtesy of the Moon Maiden.

the Jessica from the land of Chicago and I at Deathwish on Friday night, photo courtesy of Studio Apocalypse

  
Beckasaurus and I at the party picture courtesy of the Moon Maiden
I have to say my makeup held up remarkably well at the party considering it had to be close to 11 PM when Moon Maiden took these photos and I had been at venue since about 6 PM setting up and moving furniture and getting things set up.

I do want to say a huge thank you to all the people who helped with set up and tear down for the party. We couldn't have pulled it off without you!

NOW THAT'S HOW YOU DO A BIRTHDAY.

PS another big thanks to the Zen Archer herself for giving me the lovely framed print of one of my favorite shots of Mr. S and I. I love it. A lot.
photo courtesy of Studio Apocalypse (of course) 



No comments:

Post a Comment