"I want to be my own design" Clive Barker - Imajica

Thursday, March 3, 2011

A voice from the outer worlds

One of my favorite bands in the history of ever is Deine Lakaien. I first learned about them from hearing Where You Are on Sanctuary Radio. I instantly fell in love with the singer Alexander Veljanov's voice. I love the theatricality of their performances. I love the feel of their music. I don't even know how to put into words all the things I love about them. Not to mention the fact that Veljanov has some of the most awesomely epic hair ever.
seriously epic hair

They definitely aren't for everyone. They basically got started with Veljanov responding to ad in the paper from Ernst Horm looking for singers who wanted a chance to experiment musically. And experiment they did! Some of the music they have out is definitely an acquired taste and some of it is highly accessible. Here are few of my favorite pieces.










No comments:

Post a Comment