"I want to be my own design" Clive Barker - Imajica

Monday, March 14, 2011

Putting on my big girl pants, well dress or skirt cause it's me

So yeah, I decided (along with quite a few other people apparently) that 2011 would be the year that I would get my financial shit in order. Ms. Jane even started her own blog in regards to her adventures in paying off debt and living on a budget.

I've been working on it for about 2 months now and although there are a couple of things that I've let slide a bit I have actually started making progress on paying stuff down or off completely.

I made payment arrangements with the dreaded Capital One so that by September 19th of this year I will have them completely paid off and gone. 

I made arrangements with the dreaded IRS to do direct debit for my tax debt and I am going to try to send them extra when I can to pay it off sooner.

I made arrangements to get back on track paying my student loans from beauty school. I should be a lot closer to paying those off than I am and I seriously need to pay that shit. It makes me feel even worse to realize that I haven't made much progress in paying off an education that I don't even use. I guess I should have realized that I didn't want to touch strangers for a living long before I finished school... I apparently only like touching strangers for fun and free drinks... Who knew?

I only have one other credit card and that is for Lane Bryant. I don't owe them a ton of money but I have been REALLY bad about paying it so they have packed on the late fees and interest charges. This is being taken care of as we speak. Well sorta, I mean I am figuring out a repayment plan in order to get it paid off and done with by the end of this year.


So yeah, I am trying to be good and not spend money on things I shouldn't. Or to at least limit my spending on useless shit. Or restaurants or booze or anything else that isn't necessary. But it's hard. REALLY HARD. I keep finding all these wants. Shoes, clothes and whatnot. But I'm trying to be good and stick to it.

Sometimes being an adult sucks ass.

1 comment:

  1. "Sometimes being an adult sucks ass."

    Right?

    But it'll be worth it in the long run.

    Huh. Now I suppose I ought to go update that other blog with my own progress. *grumble*

    ReplyDelete