"I want to be my own design" Clive Barker - Imajica

Thursday, February 17, 2011

teh sickness

funny how illness hits you sometimes.

Friday I felt awful. Truly awful. Came home early from work and canceled my plans to hit Deathwish. If you know me you know that I have only missed one Deathwish night in almost 2 years and that was because I was out of town. I always look forward to those nights but I knew that I wasn't up to going out and if I was truly sick I didn't want to spread it around. So I stayed home and rested. I woke up when Mr. S got home from the club and we stayed up and chatted for a bit before I fell back asleep.

When I woke up Saturday I felt a TON better. Like almost back to normal better. So silly me thought "hey lets go out tonight, at least for a little bit" plus it was the Hippie Ginger's birthday weekend and we wanted to get her out to celebrate. I so should have stayed home. For so many different reasons. But hey I went out and had mostly a good time. Mostly.

But then Sunday hit and holy hell I felt like crap. I slept off and on all day Sunday. Woke up Monday morning knowing that there was no way I could go to work so I called in and stayed in bed all day Monday and Tuesday, resting, drinking OJ and just trying to feel better.

Wednesday rolled around and I made myself get up and head to work. I felt a little bit better and I really wanted to go to work. I promptly got sent home to get some more rest. Apparently I looked like shit.

I got home around 11 on Wednesday and almost immediately fell asleep with the human space heater by my side. When I woke up again at 5:45 PM it was like a switch had gone off. OH MY GOD I FEEL BETTER!

Lesson learned - don't go out if you aren't sure you feel 100% because it's totally not worth it. I am glad that Hippie Ginger had a good time but next time just stay home, at least I wasn't contagious or spreading my cooties everywhere on Saturday night but SERIOUSLY. JUST STAY HOME.




No comments:

Post a Comment