"I want to be my own design" Clive Barker - Imajica

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Knowing Is Half The Battle, The Other Half is Remembering

Looking through some of my older journal entries and I found these... mantras that I had written out and that I occasionally forget. Always good to remind yourself...

my baggage is my own and I will no longer ask for help sorting, packing or carrying it. It's mine and doesn't belong to anyone else but the real lesson for me is to know when to put it down. Because I don't need to carry it anymore.


The truth can be painful whether it is aimed at you or not.  You listen to others and if you listen carefully you take what you need into yourself and put it into practice without judgment or resentment towards those who try to teach you. 

just “let go” which yeah sounds common sense and easy but you don’t realize how much happens when you do just let go. And usually? It's good stuff that happens.

cut the drama out of my life because all it does is make me tired and miserable

if you didn’t love me you wouldn’t bother. If I didn't love you I wouldn't bother.

I am making the choice to let these things bother me

I am lucky enough right now to have several people in my life that I know genuinely care about me and for me and that I care about very deeply as well and I need to just chill out and enjoy that and stop over analyzing everything.

ITS NOT ABOUT ME, most of the time

I am the only one responsible for my own happiness and no one else can provide that for me . I know what it is like to be miserable and honestly I still am sometimes but I fight against it. I have spent too many years hating life and being mopey and sad and melancholy. I wasted years of my life focused on all the negative things and missing out on the good things.And to that I say, FUCK THAT. I want to be happy and I will be happy. DAMMIT.
 
 And I say again with emphasis. LIFE IS GOOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment