"I want to be my own design" Clive Barker - Imajica

Thursday, January 13, 2011

I like griping - I

cour·te·sy

[kur-tuh-see or, for 5, kurt-see] Show IPA noun, plural -sies, adjective
–noun
1.excellence of manners or social conduct; polite behavior.
2.a courteous, respectful, or considerate act or expression.
3.indulgence, consent, or acquiescence: a “colonel” by courtesy rather than by right.
4.favor, help, or generosity: The costumes for the play were by courtesy of the local department store.
5.a curtsy.
–adjective
6.done or performed as a matter of courtesy or protocol: a courtesy call on the mayor.
7.offered or provided free by courtesy of the management: While waiting to board the airplane, we were provided with courtesy coffee.
 
Because sometimes it seems to me people have forgotten what this word means.

No comments:

Post a Comment