"I want to be my own design" Clive Barker - Imajica

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Word to the Wise

_Prompt: Wisdom. What was the wisest decision you made this year, and how
did it play out?_ (12/10)


Wisdom. Not a word I use very often in reference to myself. 


I suppose the wisest decision I made this year was to focus more on myself and my own personal and emotional growth. To be honest, self awareness kind of sucks. Digging deep inside and trying to open yourself to things you've never considered before can be incredibly painful. Feeling the thud of Zen Sticks and Arrows hitting their mark. Realizing that sometimes you haven't come as far as you thought you had. But wisdom is holding to the path. Fighting through the uncomfortable parts and understanding that all growth is painful. Every day I continue to learn, grow, think more clearly, more wisely even. It's about all I can do at this point. Wisdom is understanding that this pain and uncertainty and everything is what teaches me how to grow, change and be ME.

No comments:

Post a Comment