"I want to be my own design" Clive Barker - Imajica

Monday, December 6, 2010

Wonder Years

_Prompt_: Wonder. How did you cultivate a sense of wonder in 
your life this year?
 
In case you didn't know this about me, I am kind of a big
kid sometimes. Show me Star Wars toys and I will squeal like
a little kid. Seriously. 
 I totally need this but Mr. S already told me I can't ask his parents for
Star Wars toys for Christmas, he sucks. *laugh* 
 
But I think DragonCon truly inspired wonder in me, especially the nerdy child inside. Okay the nerdy child
outside but you know what I mean. The sheer amount of work that went into a lot of these peoples costumes
was astounding. If you've never seen photos from DragonCon here is just a sample of the things you can see there http://photos.dragoncon.org/main.php?g2_itemId=124213 I tried very hard to not just walk around with my mouth open and staring, slack jawed at the famous people wandering about or the great costumes or the bad costumes for that matter. Talk about a sense of wonder.


just two of the amazing costumes we saw at DragonCon...

So my goal for 2011 is to maintain that childlike sense of wonder I get when I look at tall buildings, beautiful artwork, beautiful people and all other wonderous things in life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment