"I want to be my own design" Clive Barker - Imajica

Monday, December 20, 2010

There is no try, only do

Prompt: Try. What do you want to try next year?/ Is there something you wanted to try in 2010? What happened when you did/didn't go for it? (12/18)

I've tried a lot of new things this year. I used to be the girl who was afraid to try anything new for fear of looking stupid or  failing at it. I've been able to overcome a lot of that largely by being friends with people who believe in "Baptism by fire" so to speak. I've been thrown into circumstances that normally I would talk myself out of purely because I'd be afraid of something, anything. My life is richer and fuller as a consequence of letting go of a lot of my fear. I still have anxiety and fear in certain aspects of my life and I am definitely working on letting these go too.

Fear is the mind killer

Indeed Mr. Herbert.

No comments:

Post a Comment