"I want to be my own design" Clive Barker - Imajica

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Healing...

Prompt: Healing. What healed you this year? Was it sudden or a drip by drip evolution? How would you like to be healed in 2011 (12/19)

What healed me... hm well I think the best answer to this is I did. I healed me. I let go of a lot of my baggage and burdens. I realized that some of the hurts that I had been holding onto for so long weren't necessary. That they were holding me back and making it harder for me to move on and be a whole person.

That's not to say that I don't still have some old hurts lingering. Some just never go away. Some damage is permanent. They occasionally resurface and remind you of what you have been through. It's good to remember past hurts and damage as long as you don't let it rule you or damage what you currently have in your life. That's the lesson for 2011. Move beyond old pains and slights and hurts and realize that although they helped make me who I am now they don't define me.




Heather Nova - Heal
Fall for me, my southern cross, my star
Shine for me when love has gone too far
I've got you belly deep in me

Just a little breath on the water is all we need
Just a little strength in our hearts
Enough to heal
Enough to heal

Dig me out, can't leave this love for dead
Hand to mouth we're picking up the thread
I've got you belly deep in me

Just a little breath on the water now is all we need
Just a little strength in our hearts
Enough to heal
Enough to heal

And the sea glistens
And the waves pull us in
There's something rising up and up

Just a little breath on the water now
Just a little strength in our hearts,
Enough to heal
Enough to heal.

No comments:

Post a Comment