"I want to be my own design" Clive Barker - Imajica

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

the road is life

Prompt: Travel. How did you travel in 2010? How and/or where would you like to travel in the next year? (12/22)

Seems like the prompt should read how and WHERE did you travel in 2010. *shrug*

I got to go on three trips this year which for me is a record. I've never traveled much. I can still count the number of places outside of Colorado I've gone on one hand. Vegas, Disney World, Salt Lake City, Atlanta, Kentucky. I am 32 years old and I have never seen an ocean before. I didn't even get onto an airplane until I was 19 years old. Anyway the point is what I did get to do this year, not what I haven't done.

First trip of the year was to Salt Lake for the Dark Arts Festival with Mr. S and Uncle Shitty and Co. Despite a long drive out there with people who spent more time looking at the rocks than the road (ahem B&C) and an even longer trip home what with loading up all the gear and and stopping to gas up the Suburban and getting Aggro Ginger his damned "road meat" it was a fantastic trip. Getting a chance to talk to Uncle Shitty the entire way home, getting to see the wonderful Rob and Cass again, meeting Sable and Jimmy and Ashley and all the other wonderful people in SLC. I can't wait until next year!

 Mr. S and the Aggro Ginger on stage performing
 Sable aka the Man of Many Looks, Mr.S and I


Then Mr. S was in Vegas for work and a lot of our other friends were in Vegas for DefCon and I was at home pouting because I wanted to be able to go and hang out with everyone in Vegas for the weekend. I got woken up at 4 AM by a call from Mr.S asking, no telling me to cancel my plans for the weekend and get on a plane to meet him out in Vegas. I was giddy. So excited to be flying, spur of the moment to meet him and the boys and some of our Denver friends in Vegas. My flight out got delayed 2 times so I didn't arrive until around midnight but hey! It's Vegas Baby.Got to party in the penthouse at the Riviera, got to meet up with a lot of our friends from Denver and make all new friends from all over. Spent a day walking the Strip with Mr. S, Uncle Shitty and Co. Got upgraded to first class flying home. Got to have room service and bottle service delivered to Delchi's room at the Riviera courtesy of a wonderful gentleman that we met earlier that evening. Did I mention FIRST CLASS?

 Mr. S and I at the Flamingo where we stayed
UNCLE SHITTY!
And then there was DragonCon in Atlanta and seriously? If' you've never gone, GO. I don't have the words to describe how much fun it is. And I'm not going to try again. But I will post a couple more pictures.
 Arthur! I tried to get him to yell his battle cry of "Not in the face!" but he was too sober still
 Mike Donovan aka The Beastmaster aka Marc Singer
 GO TEAM DENVER!

Doc Hammer (so unbelievably pretty and actually really nice to talk to) with the Capt. making some eye contact



Next years travel schedule will probably consist of Salt Lake for Dark Arts or whatever they decide to call it this year and DragonCon again. So no oceans for me again this year but 2012 holds the promise of EUROPE with Mr. S. It's in the works.

“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine
I'm working on it dammit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment