"I want to be my own design" Clive Barker - Imajica

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

rid of me


11 Things. What are 11 things your life doesn't need in 2011? How

will you go about eliminating them? How will getting rid of these 11 things

change your life? _ (12/11) 


Okay not really but…
 
Dear Reverb10, lets create a prompt giving an arbitrary number of things that 
someone should give up in the next year. Okay so maybe not totally arbitrary, 
11 things for 2011, I get it.
 
But
 
I am not a fan of this prompt. Just saying that in the next year I don’t know 
what life will bring me so how do I know what I need to give up?
 
Plus I don’t do resolutions because no one ever actually keeps those little
bastards. 
 
Hm, okay I will try to play along
 
1.  Insecurities
2.  Cyclic thinking
3.  Avoidance tactics
4.  Fear of confrontation
5.  Irresponsible spending
6.   Passive aggressive behaviors
7.   Getting annoyed at things I have no control over
8.  That grasping feeling I get sometimes 
9.   My desire to make everyone love Christmas decorations as much as I do
10. Hanging on to past hurts
11. Ummm… oh! Biting my nails.
 
Of course most of these aren’t really tangible items so any success on my
part will totally be subjective. But hey it’s worth a shot. Isn’t it?

No comments:

Post a Comment