"I want to be my own design" Clive Barker - Imajica

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Question and Answer time

Prompt for December 2nd - What do you do each day that
doesn't contribute to your writing and can you 
eliminate it?
 
PROCRASTINATION. AVOIDANCE. FEAR. 
 
I've always been a notorious procrastinator. Why do now what 
I could do later? It'ssomething I am trying to stop. It's 
annoying and usually by the time I get around to doing 
whatever it was that I put off I start to hate the task. 
Enough is enough.
 
I avoid writing because I don't feel like I am any good at
it. I'm never as eloquent as I'd like to be or that I think 
I should be. I need to quit avoiding it and just  do it. 
Because you never get better at something if you never
practice.  

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
Frank Herbert had it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment