"I want to be my own design" Clive Barker - Imajica

Monday, December 27, 2010

Pictures of You

Prompt: Photo - a present to yourself. Sift through all the photos of you from the past year. Choose one that best captures you; either who you are or who you strive to be. Find the shot of you that is worth a thousand words. Share the image, who shot it, where, and what it reveals about you. (12/25)

 courtesy of StudioApocalypse , have I told you lately how much I love Adam and his work?

I love this photo. I think it pretty much sums up me and sums up a lot about this past year. Uncle Shitty, Mr. S (smiling!) and my friend Jason with me in the midst of either talking or laughing or both. This was taken by the always awesome Adam Phillips of Studio Apocalypse at Tracks Nightclub for Deathwish night. We were there celebrating my 32nd birthday. Many of my very good friends were there.  I really, really, really didn't want to go out for my birthday. We had just gotten back from DragonCon a few days prior to this and I was still tired and worn out from it. Mr. S refused to take no for an answer so we all piled into the Hippie Gingers car and went out. I had a fantastic time. Talking to friends, seeing people I usually only get to see once a month. It seems hard to believe that I didn't want to celebrate my birthday, that I didn't want to go out especially considering just how much fun I had after all. And that's the trick, sometimes you just have do something that you may be hesitant about and in the end? It can totally pay off.

No comments:

Post a Comment