"I want to be my own design" Clive Barker - Imajica

Monday, December 13, 2010

Our hearts are drunk with a beauty our eyes could never see. ~George W. Russell

_Prompt: Beautifully different. Think about what makes you different and
what you do that lights people up. Reflect on all the things that make you
different - you'll find they're what make you beautiful._ (12/08)


This prompt was particularly challenging for me. I've been thinking about it for days. I talked to my friends about it.  I even posted about it on facebook.

Finally it came to me after a conversation with a dear friend. When I asked her the question “what is it that makes  me different?” her response without any hesitation at all was “Everything”

I thought about it some more. Like for the last 4 days.

It’s true. As much shit as people talk about how we are all the same and that no one is a unique snowflake that totally isn’t true. No two people are the same. No two people think the same, have the same values and opinions about everything.  Everyone is different. And that is precisely what makes all of us beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment