"I want to be my own design" Clive Barker - Imajica

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Makin' It

_Prompt_: Make. What was the last thing you made? What materials did you
   use? Is there something you want to make, but you need to clear some time
   for it? (12/06)

the last thing I made huh? Hmm… it’s been a long time since I have actually finished a project. I would probably before I met Mr. S, so a year and a half ago? In the beginning of 2009 I spent a lot of time home alone and I would work non-stop on my cross stitch while I was watching TV. 
 I finished this one in about 3 months. 

I love cross stitch. It’s something I can do while I watch tv and the motions of it are very soothing to me. Once summer hit last year I started going out more often, my friends and I would have picnics in the park almost every week. And then I met Mr. S and we ended up spending A LOT of time together and I sort of lost track of my hobbies. Then I moved in with the Tall People and I think that I only worked on my cross stitch twice, maybe three times while I was living in that house. Now that I live in the big ole house I have started working on my cross stitch again. Usually while Mr. S and I watch movies and I am reminded of how much I enjoy it and how much it helps me to focus and relax. I am glad that I am doing it again. 

Some of the projects I've done...




No comments:

Post a Comment