"I want to be my own design" Clive Barker - Imajica

Saturday, December 4, 2010

I Have a Message for the Action Man

I totally had one of those moments last night where I stopped and thought to myself "Wow, you've come a long way kid" It was kind of awesome and a bit surprising.

It never ceases to amaze me the human ability for growth and change and yet so many people live their lives in absolute terror of changing or growing or discovering new things about themselves. I used to be one of those people. Perfectly happy in my predetermined little box, with my socially acceptable values and life.

Almost two years ago I started to open my eyes more. I had some excellent teachers (they know who they are) along the way who would and still do occasionally thump me with the Zen Stick or hit me with a Zen Arrow and although I often don't want to hear it I do always try to listen and take it to heart.

Because without growth and change we are stagnant and I for one can no longer live that way.

I'm happy, I hope you're happy too.

No comments:

Post a Comment