"I want to be my own design" Clive Barker - Imajica

Monday, December 13, 2010

fuck you ovaries

PMS symptoms

  • mood swings
  • irritability
  • depression
  • anxiety
  • angry outbursts
  • confusion or fuzzy thinking
  • tearfulness
  • fatigue
  • insomnia
  • changes in libido
  • overeating
  • cravings, especially for salty or sweet foods
  • alcohol intolerance
  • acne
  • hives
  • abdominal and pelvic cramps
  • bloating
  • weight gain
  • headaches
  • menstrual migraines
  • breast swelling and pain
  • edema (visible swelling, particularly in the hands, feet and legs)
  • asthma
  • sinus problems
  • sore throat
  • worsening of chronic conditions like arthritis and ulcers
  • difficulty with coordination, being more prone to accidents
  • dizziness, decreased balance
  • heart pounding (palpitation)
  • nausea
  • fainting
  • urinary problems
I suppose that going through menopause sucks too but right now I'm over it. Over the damned weepiness and mood swings and irritability and general obnoxiousness that this monthly hormone parade takes me on. Over this stupid grasping, needy feeling I have. The worst part is knowing that it is just stupid brain chemicals making me feel like this. That there isn't much I can do but ride it out and try not to take it out on those around me. It's not like this every month but when it's bad, it's bad.

Thankfully I only have a couple more days to wait it out.

Until the next time that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment