"I want to be my own design" Clive Barker - Imajica

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

aspirations vs dreams vs goals, is it just semantics?

_Prompt: Action. When it comes to aspirations, its not 
about ideas. It's about making ideas happen. What's 
your next step?_ (12/13) 
 
 To be honest, I've never been one for aspirations or dreams. This is a part of me that I 
don't really talk about but I've never believed in the power of dreams or the purpose
of having aspirations. Goals are one thing, those are definable and acheivable. 
Dreams always seemed like a waste of time to me. Because I always believed that 
dreams don't come true, despite what Disney tried to tell me.  

I still don't really believe in dreams or aspirations. I believe in plans, in goals. So then
the question arises, if I don't have any aspirations what are my goals? Again I feel like
this is a resolution prompt... BUT I do actually have some goals this year that I will share.
 
1. Figure out what I want from a job/career and figure out how and where to get it. I'm 32
years old here, I need something that satisfies. It's possible. I've seen it happen. 

 
2.Get caught up on my bills. This is relatively easy. It just involves better budgeting and
actually sticking to it. 

3. Go somewhere. Again this is easy, it's likely that I will go to Salt Lake again this summer
for a visit. Maybe to DragonCon again? Maybe some place totally different. I don't know for
sure yet but I will go at least one place outside of CO this year. 

Short story is that I need to take better responsibility for myself and my happiness. Period.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment