"I want to be my own design" Clive Barker - Imajica

Monday, December 20, 2010

2, 4, 6, 8 What do I appreciate?

Prompt: Appreciate. What's the one thing you have come to appreciate most in the past year? How do you express gratitude for it? (12/14)


Family.

Not just the ones that are blood related to me. Although they are all pretty awesome too.

I am talking about the family that I have surrounded myself with. Mr. S, Ms. Jane, The Zen Archer, The Maestro, my roomies and oh so many more. I am truly blessed with the sheer amount of wonderful people in my life. So many of these people have become like true family to me, we drive each other crazy, we take care of each other, we sometimes argue or disagree with each other but ultimately I love them all very much. They have all been there for me and I hope that I have returned the favor.

Far too often people take others for granted, they think that these people will be in their lives forever when that simply isn't true. Lives change, people change, friendships change and sometimes dissolve. The real trick is learning to appreciate what you have when you have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment