"I want to be my own design" Clive Barker - Imajica

Friday, November 19, 2010

Just Say No


Just say no

Just say no to the negativity

Just say no to the drama

Just say no to hatefulness

Just stop spreading the negativity and the drama and the hate and the anger and the animosity

Just stop the self pity party

Just stop feeling sorry for yourself

Just stop whining about every little thing

This is as much for me as it is for you. 

I know that every single one of us has those days where all we want to do is curl up into a ball and whine and cry and while I think that is perfectly okay once in awhile it isn’t okay to live your life full of negativity and bitterness. 

It’s okay to feel sad or angry but it’s not okay to wallow in it. 

It's okay to be lonely and want someone in your life but it's not okay to feel like you need to have someone in your life to make it worth living.

Life isn't easy, we all know that. But so many people tend to make it harder on themselves than they need to. People who spend so much time focusing on what they don't have, they miss what is right in front of their face. 

I have to work on it every single day.  I have to remind myself on a daily basis that things aren’t all that bad and I am pretty damned happy.

If you aren’t happy with some aspect of your life change it. Or at least try to. Don’t just sit there and whine about it because you and I both know that won't make you feel any better and it won't change a damned thing.

2 comments:

  1. By contrast, you do know how to say no to others and communicate boundaries, right? How about risking another's dislike by bluntly identifying the situation and saying "just stop it"?

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. As in all of life it's a constant learning curve. I have gotten immeasurably better at setting and holding to boundaries (thanks in part to the teachings of Ms. Jane)

    we are all just works in progress. The key word is progress.

    ReplyDelete