"I want to be my own design" Clive Barker - Imajica

Saturday, November 20, 2010

I have a problem

No really, I do.
A serious problem.
An addiction if you will.
To what?
Books. Yes that's right, books.
The smell of the paper, the feel of the page, that sound a new book makes when  you crack it open the first time.
*sigh*
pure joy

When I moved into the house with Mr. S and company I left my books in storage as I didn't really feel like moving them again until I was sure how long I'd be living here. Now that it has been somewhat decided that I will be here for awhile I decided that I wanted my babies back.

Yes babies. Books are like a living thing for me. Shut up already. I already told you I have a problem right?

So anyway the other day I had Mr. Shitty bring my books, bookcase and all of my Christmas decorations over (of course I could do a whole post about my addiction to Christmas decorations, perhaps another time).
Oh joy and rapture, to finally have my children back among me. So many delicious books. I've even already used my Mammoth Book of British Kings and Queens book to discuss the finer points of the Anarchy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Anarchy in case you are curious) with Rob. I've also encouraged my doppelganger roomie to read The Enchanted April by Elizabeth Von Arnim. Which if you have never read it, features some lovely descriptions of Italy and one of my favorite paragraphs ever.

"Rose clasped her hands tight round her knees. How passionately she longed to be important to somebody again--not important on platforms, not important as an asset in an organization, but privately important, just to one other person, quite privately, nobody else to know or notice. It didn't seem much to ask in a world so crowded with people, just to have one of them, only one out of all the millions, to oneself. Somebody who needed one, who thought of one, who was eager to come to one--oh, oh how dreadfully one wanted to be precious!"


I am going to try and be a good girl and not purchase any books, but you know Christmas is coming and I have plenty of them listed on my amazon wish list (not so subtle hint). For now I will content myself with bringing my books out into the open air and maybe re-reading a few that I haven't read for awhile.

mmmm booky goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment